The National Nursing Assessment Service is a not-for-profit organization that supports its 21 organizational nursing regulatory body members from across Canada in providing educational credentialing assessment of internationally educated nurses and other related services. This not- for-profit organization operates within a pan-Canadian context, and supports our partners in ensuring quality patient care. The organization is current seeking an experienced, professional and effective full-time Executive Assistant to support the Executive Director.
Scheduling and Calendar Management
- Co-ordinate the Executive Director’s schedule, appointments, reservations and travel arrangements and be able to manage calendar with multiple time conflicts.
- Organize meetings of committees and other, involving multiple senior executives and partners (government, nursing regulatory body members, government agencies, other NFP): electronic polling and other means; document preparation, attendance tracking, guest speakers, and etc.
- Assist the Executive Director in the support of the monthly Board meetings and various committees (Governance, Finance & Audit).
- Plan, organize and co-ordinate functions and special events including the Annual General Meeting and conference: venue, catering, hotel room bookings, guests, and A/V.
- Manage Executive Director email inbox, including screening, routing and responding to a large volume of email ensuring all incoming emails are acknowledged swiftly and proactively address.
- Able to monitor electronic meeting votes and other electronic decision-making activities.
- Prepare and/or edit internal and external letters, faxes, memos and mass emails.
- Ability to record and produce minutes accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner
- including board meetings.
- Ability to prepare meeting document packages in a timely and accurate manner so that they
- are sent in advance of meetings.
- Communicate with high profile clients via phone, email and written correspondence.
- Maintain up-to-date and detailed client contact lists.
- Work with organization’s administrative consultants and staff to maintain social media platforms where necessary: Twitter, website.
- Administrative tasks; accurately prepare and file expense reports, filing, faxing and other as required.
Essential Skills, Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or related education in administrative support.
- Superior computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant MS Word, Excel and
- 6-8 years of Executive Assistant experience supporting executives (i.e., C-level) required.
- Must have experience supporting boards, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Must be a highly organized and solutions-driven go-getter.
- Ability to pay attention to detail with high degree of accuracy, handle multiple priorities at
- once, manage time effectively, and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving - ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathering and
- analyzing information.
- Ability to show initiative and be proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (French an asset).
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
All interested applicants, please send a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications, and a resume/cv to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 19, 2016 end of day. Please reference: “Executive Assistant” in the email subject line. No inquiries. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be invited to interview.