NNAS is seeking a creative, energetic communications and public relations volunteer intern to support our communications efforts with our members, clients and stakeholders.
Volunteer Communications Intern
The National Nursing Assessment Services is an innovative pan-Canadian not-for-profit that serves to assess the credentials of internationally education nurses to support 21 nursing regulatory bodies in nine Canadian jurisdictions decisions on nursing licensure. NNAS has a number of stakeholders and clients including our 21 nursing regulatory body members, our international nursing clients from over 130 countries around the world, government and partners at the provincial and national level. We are seeking a creative, energetic communications and public relations volunteer intern to support our communications efforts with our members, clients and stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining media contact lists
- Monitoring and tracking our media vehicles – building our social medial following, expanding our reach nationally and internationally, tracking our social media presence
- Performing basic website page updates and revisions (loading pages, and new content, etc.,)
- Assisting in a communications strategy which includes role of social media to support organizational mandate
- Organizing clips/media coverage on related nursing and licensure issues at the provincial, national and international level
- Liaise with other communication leads from amongst our membership to coordinate communication efforts
- Developing and collating content and distributing monthly NNAS ebulletin
- Perform environmental scans of our members to determine any key news events related to practice, policy or legislation which may have an impact on our operations
- Preparing press materials including press releases and fact sheets
- Assisting with research for presentations and events, communications materials and other related matters
- Assisting with event coordination for in-person and on-line webinars and presentations
- Providing some general administration support as required.
- Attending team meetings
- Post-secondary education (in progress or completed) in communications and/or public relations
- Previous PR agency experience a plus, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate interest in and understanding of public relations
- Flexibility and organizational skills required to work on a variety of projects in one day
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experiencing in website management or revision
If you are interested in being an important a part of our team, please submit a cover letter and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries.