Follow along and post to Twitter using #NNASCON
On October 18-19, NNAS held our Annual Conference 2016, our first annual interactive conference for IEN's, leaders and staff of NNAS' Regulatory Body Membership, government stakeholders and IEN support partners. Our theme was Emerging Canadian Healthcare Trends and its Impact on IEN Nursing Regulation.
A sincere thanks to our partners, exhibitors, presenters and everyone who attended and participated in the day.
We want your Feedback:
We are thrilled with the success of the conference and want your feedback so that next year's conference will be even better. You may share your feedback by way of clicking on the link below:
With the presentations being so compelling and insightful, we've decided to place a link to the presentations so that you can keep this information handy and share it with colleagues as you deem fit.
- Patient Perspective - A. Ross White
- Current Trends in Canadian Healthcare System - S. Lewis
- Competency Assessment Supplement: Assisting the IEN to achieve RPN competency requirements - R. Wojtiuk, L. Asheri
- Pathways to Success for IENs - A. Mann, K Siguoin, K. McKnight
- Need for Research Evidence in Today's Policy Environment - K. Thomas
- IEN Speaker - C. San Andres
- Global Nursing Trends - D. Benton
- Canadian IEN Profile, trends and patterns - B. Gupta
- CGFNS Ethical Recruitment: Positioning IEN's for Success in Canada - M. Bakshi
- Learning from Experience Research - C. Giblin
- Integration Supports for IEHPs and Employers - L. Cordero
If you have any questions or comments, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank our sponsors for helping to make our conference come to light!
The National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) in Collaboration with the National Association of Nigerian Nurses in North America (NANNNA) Presents a Webinar on:
Navigating the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) Process for RN, RPN and LPN in Canada
Time: Monday July 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM-2:30PM EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Venue: Online Webinar and/or In-person at NNAS Toronto Offices
Speaker: Siu Mee Cheng, Executive Director, NNAS
- To describe the nursing registration process for RN, RPN and LPNs in Canada;
- To discuss the role of the NNAS in the nursing registration process in Canada;
- To discuss common pitfalls and challenges faced by internationally educated nurses in the nursing registration process;
- To discuss strategies for navigating the nursing registration process in Canada.
Please register at email NANNNA.Canada@yahoo.com
In your registration email, please include your name, email address, province/state, and registration class (RPN, RN, LPN). Please register by July 20, 2016. Please indicate if you are attending by webinar or in-person). The login / office location information for the webinar will be sent to you a week before the webinar.
The National Nursing Assessment Service is an incorporated Canadian not-for-profit organization, comprised of twenty-one nurse regulatory bodies (RNs, LPNs and RPNs) that collectively developed a harmonized approach to the initial assessment of internationally educated nurses (IENs). NNAS is the single-point-of-entry for all IENs seeking to initiate nursing licensure in any of the nine Canadian provinces (exclude PQ), and provides greater transparency, timeliness and predictability the 21 regulatory bodies. In addition to applying an evidence informed approach to assessing education credentials in order to support serving the interest of the public.
The National Association of Nigerian Nurses in North America (NANNNA) is a united organization of all the Nigerian Nurses Associations and Nursing School Alumni in North America working to improve the health and quality of lives of Nigerians at home and abroad.