NNAS’s Expedited Service provides a simple, fast and safe way to review the credentials of Internationally Educated Nurses (IENs) applying to work as a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Canada. Under this service, applicants can apply for licensing as an RN or LPN at the same time and at a single price. NNAS Advisory Reports are released within 5 business days* of all documents being received. No curricular assessment is required.
Who is Eligible to Apply to NNAS’s Expedited Service?
You are eligible to apply to NNAS’s Expedited Service if you have:
- Completed a post-secondary nursing education program (university or college) outside of Canada.
- Have been licensed as a nurse outside of Canada.
- Will be applying with any of the following nursing regulatory bodies:
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba (CLPNM)
- College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS)
- College of Registered Nurses and Midwives of Prince Edward Island (CRNMPEI)
- Nurses Association of New Brunswick (NANB)
- Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN)
- College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (CLPNNL)
- College of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (CRNNL)
Existing NNAS applicants who meet the above criteria will be automatically transferred to the Expedited Service.
*NNAS Advisory Reports are released within 1 business day of all documents being received for applicants applying to NANB.
How Do You Apply Using NNAS’s Expedited Service?
How much does the Expedited Service cost?
NNAS is pleased to offer a reduced fee for the Expedited Service of $750 CDN for a single RN and LPN application. You can select any nursing regulatory body participating in the Expedited Service at no additional cost.
Where do I get a Course-by-Course ECA Report?
The Expedited Service requires applicants submit a Course-by-Course Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report (may also be referred to as a Postsecondary Comprehensive Assessment Report or Specialized Assessment Report) from an organization approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Once you have completed your Course-by-Course ECA Report you will need to request it be sent directly to NNAS from the relevant Third Party either by mail or digitally. Instructions on how to request the ECA Report are found in the Applicant Portal.
Organizations that are approved by IRCC to provide Course-by-Course ECA Reports include:
- Comparative Education Service (CES)
- International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS)
- World Education Services (WES)
I am an existing NNAS applicant and have already requested and/or submitted my educational documentation be sent to NNAS. Do I still need to submit a Course-by-Course ECA Report?
No. Existing NNAS applicants who have already requested educational documentation be sent to NNAS from Third Parties do not have to submit a Course-by-Course ECA Report. Your educational documentation will be reviewed and verified by NNAS once received from your educational institutions.
Can I port my Expedited Advisory Report to another regulatory body?
No. The Expedited Service Advisory Report cannot be ported to another regulatory body.
Where do I go if I have questions?
You can contact Applicant Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free (in Canada and United States) 855-977-1898 Monday to Friday from 8:00 am ET to 4:00 pm ET.
Who can I contact if I have contacted Applicant Support but I am still facing barriers?
You can contact the Applicant Navigator Team at the NNAS Corporate Office at email@example.com. The Applicant Navigator Team is there to assist applicants who have contacted Applicant Support but find they are still facing challenges to completing the process.