The Main Application Order is the first NNAS application type you need to purchase. You must select one nursing group and one province for your application.
It will be active for up to 12 months from the date paid application is submitted. It expires if all required documents are not received by NNAS with that time.
How long you have to complete your application
The application process may take up to 12 months to complete. How long it will take depends on:
1. When NNAS receives all of your required information and acceptable documents.
2. When you have successfully completed a language proficiency test (if required).
3. When your documents have been translated (if needed).
Note: Your application will be active for up to 12 months. Once you receive your Advisory Report, you can apply to the regulatory body in the province of your choice. You may require more assessments and courses depending on the regulatory body you choose as they each have their own requirements and timelines for registration. It could take up to another 12 months for a decision to be made.
NNAS’ Top Tips for successful time management of your application
- Read the applicant handbook to make sure you fully understand the process before you begin.
- Begin the process of gathering the required documents before opening your main application and paying any fees. This will assist with making sure your advisory report can be processed as quickly and smoothly as possible. Help us to help you!
- If you have any questions that you can’t find answers to on our FAQ page don’t forget that our dedicated support team can help you by toll free telephone (855-977-1898) or by email. It’s better to ask first so that you can feel confident as you move through the application process.
- Follow our step by step guide to the application process, you can mark off each step as you complete it and use this to know what you have done, and still need to do. This should help you to stay organized, focused, and confident in knowing that you are on the right track.
Fees you should be prepared for
In addition to the fee for the main application order there are other costs you may incur throughout the application process for things like: Document translations, Appeals, Advisory Reports etc. For more detailed information regarding those fees, please see the Application and Other Fees section of the site.